This is a global message which can be dismissed by pressing the button below. Once closed, it will remain hidden until a new "Message cookie" value is set.

Welcome to Snowbike Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
jrlastofthebreed

2007 CRF450X Forks

I have a 2007 CRF 450x and a 2017 Timbersled ST. On the bike i also have a 4 gallon IMS fuel tank. I heard that the stock forks fail to be stiff enough for the added weight on the snowbike kit. Are there any solutions? Can i just re-spring and go to a thicker oil or do i need to mess with valving as well? Any input would be appreciated. 

It's a good idea to do stiff springs and thicker oil....we are working on valving as well....

I have heard of people using this instead of Springs, oil and re-valving. I have no personal experience with them but was thinking about getting some for my kx450 to save money. If they work as claimed it would save a lot of time and money. http://www.airprofork.com

I would do heavier oil and springs first....springs are about $100-130 and you need to change oil at service anyway....should work well

I went cheep and got the Airpro and i have to say i like it!. I put 20 psi and left if for a few days in the cold and it help pressure. Riding im running between 5 to 10 psi (still looking for the perfect spot but honestly thats just splitting hairs) The downside is with higher pressure adds more ski pressure so handling on the road is not so good. But i just stop and dump the air and im good to go. Ive done a few jumps and drops (nothing over 5 foot) and one jump i landed nose first and went over the bars and havn't bottomed out. Probably not as good as springs but good enough for me!

I got one for my bike and really like how easy to adjust for riding conditions like you stated. I also like how easy to take off to change back to dirt, which I do since I can't afford two bikes and don't have the room either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk