This is a global message which can be dismissed by pressing the button below. Once closed, it will remain hidden until a new "Message cookie" value is set.

Welcome to Snowbike Online

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Grr

129 MX is here

Another kit on here.

16 129" I got used.  Fit kit is for a yz 450 but the back bolted right up with just a washer on each side.  Front is a bit different until I get some newer forks but I'll hack it together for now to get some miles on it this year.

bike is a 90 cr 500 that is stock, 38mm PWK carb and a pipe is all.  

Kit came today I I got the rear all installed just need to bleed the hand brake.  This kit is amazing much better than any other I have seen.  Wouldn't want to adjust the chain on the trail though it's a nice setup but pretty tight in there.

this thing has so much suspension travel it's rediculous, pretty light, and the details are very good.  All the plastic sliders, the rivnuts on everything, the precision machining on all the parts, good stuff.

IMG_1607.PNG

IMG_1606.PNG

Edited by Grr

Finished installing and it is 328# with 1 gal of fuel.  This is a heavy bike on its own so that is pretty much what I expected.  I forgot to weigh the kit separate sorry!

So how do you like the kit so far? How does it handle in powder? Thinking about getting one. I been in contact with Jaron, seems like he's a great guy that knows his stuff. The kit looks high quality forsure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

So how do you like the kit so far? How does it handle in powder and in the trees? Thinking about getting one. I been in contact with Jaron, seems like he's a great guy that knows his stuff. The kit looks high quality forsure. And how do you like the Yeti Ski?

I have the snowtech Simmons ski.  Will buy a yeti as well more suited for my riding.  The kit is perfect no issues, rides great the 3rd shock is a big deal it is always moving making the ride plush.  

Im running a 15/16 gear and 1.2 in on the belt which is normal.  Might get a different pulley to go 1-1 in the belt drive for sea level riding. 

Otherwise it handles awesome, goes like mad and seems about unbreakable.  

Buying again it is between snowtech CMX and yeti I wouldn't consider anything else PERIOD.

I have the snowtech Simmons ski.  Will buy a yeti as well more suited for my riding.  The kit is perfect no issues, rides great the 3rd shock is a big deal it is always moving making the ride plush.  
Im running a 15/16 gear and 1.2 in on the belt which is normal.  Might get a different pulley to go 1-1 in the belt drive for sea level riding. 
Otherwise it handles awesome, goes like mad and seems about unbreakable.  
Buying again it is between snowtech CMX and yeti I wouldn't consider anything else PERIOD.

What don't you like about the simmons ski? And I thought I saw some where that you are selling your kit? I have looked at cmxbk and yeti, they just are out of my price range unfortunately. Snowtech seems on par with them and cheaper. Plus, they are only 30 min. from where I live, that is a plus for me.

I always have everything for sale, it's just what I do I like to build something try it out and move to the next.

im sure I'll end up keeping it!  Just got a decompression head for the 500 and it's going back to dirt next week.  Wouldn't mind a newer edit/estart bike more than anything.

the Simmons ski I don't have much time on differing snows it might work great but I know I like the yeti, I do mostly river playing and in tree lines/riverbanks and I know the yeti is awesome for that. The Simmons floats great though and seems to be good as anything else. Need same day comparison.

Well since it's the end of winter for me, I cam kid have mowed the grass already it's been so warm, I have my kit off and the 500 about ready for summer.  Did a compression release head, and have the carb heater installed for next year.  Just need some new bolts to get all the plastic back on and fix the rear tire.

Well since it's the end of winter for me, I cam kid have mowed the grass already it's been so warm, I have my kit off and the 500 about ready for summer.  Did a compression release head, and have the carb heater installed for next year.  Just need some new bolts to get all the plastic back on and fix the rear tire.

Haha where are you at? I'm in northern Utah and this past week we got about 3 ft of new snow. And just ordered the 129 from snowtech, hope to have it next week (just sold my moto-trax and it's killing me to see ask this snow and not be able to ride). I think I will be able to ride into May, that is what I'm hoping for anyways. So no tires for me in the near future.

Can't wait for the snowtech to get here, best looking kit I've seen and ridden, and I have seen them all except for yeti, they seem to be like Big Foot, no sightings in the wild yet in my neck of the woods. This Snowtech kit is built to last and rides just as well. I'll post some pics I took when I visited there shop some, they are only 20 min. from my house which is very nice. I will say this about the owner, he is a very class act guy. Runs a small shop and is more interested in making the best products and treating his customers right than he is in making a quick buck and pushing a junk kit with false claims leaving customers with false hope and kits that break and don't work. Snowtech's kits definitely show his passion for quality and performance. When I get the kit I will post more pictures and a review.
4157af61ff5540a725cf58d25a320e4e.jpg
35fa18686028ddab56169ab72c896e95.jpg876990624dc2467fe98f510b67b5bcce.jpg3ff744401aad31a248c8329b24a366af.jpg85c23ae199a54ea1e6786fb20ed8df0c.jpgbce99c18d8373aad5dd09cee842332bf.jpg